Now a days retail consumers are very much concern about air quality inside their house. Several air conditioners are designed to meet their expectations by implementing air quality sensors. Some air quality sensors are nit fully dedicated to indoor usage, here Renesas comes with unique product called Indoor Air Quality Sensor Renesas ZMOD4410.
The ZMOD4410 Gas Sensor Module is designed for detecting total volatile organic compounds (TVOC), estimating CO2, and monitoring indoor air quality (IAQ) in different smell based use cases.
ZMOD4410 pin Details
ZMOD4410 comes in 12-LGA module package (3.0 × 3.0 × 0.7 mm), and it occupies very tiny space. The provided firmware enables different ZMOD4410 features based on traditional and machine learning algorithms with an embedded artificial intelligence (AI).
It has heater and sendor elements with system control circuitary. It has inbuilt ADC, memory and I2C driver. This sensor detects the following Gas parameters. Resistance Measurement Range-Ethanol in air in parts per million, IAQ Specified Measurement RangeRange-Ethanol in air for IAQ 1st Gen and 2nd Gen in parts per billion. Humidity Range-Non condensing in %RH. Refer Renesas ZMOD4410 datasheet for more details.
Renesas ZMOD4410 features & Applications
- Sensor output based on AI machine learning algorithm.
- I2C interface: up to 400kHz.
- Built-in nonvolatile memory (NVM) for module-specific data.
- Supply voltage: 1.7V to 3.6V and Siloxane resistant.
- Package: 12-LGA and Assembly size: 3.0 × 3.0 × 0.7 mm.
- Best suitable for Indoor air monitoring.
- Monitor home, office, personal, and bathroom environments for healthy conditions and comfort.
- Detect hazardous materials and unhealthy conditions (e.g., fumes from construction materials).
- Automation based on indoor ambient air quality (HVAC, air purifiers, thermostats, kitchen hoods, etc.).
- Refer Renesas ZMOD4410 datasheet for more application specific design details.