Recently Broadcom introduced High Speed Optocoupler ACNU-480X (4803, 4804) in the market. This ACNU-480X is a single Channel fast speed optocoupler in an SS08 foot print. This device eliminates pull-up Resistor by totem pole output method and this allows for direct drive intelligent power modules. This Optocoupler device eliminates need for additional wave shaping circuits by using AlGaAs (Aluminium gallium arsenide) LED and photo detector with a built in Schmitt trigger and also it provides Logic Compatible waveforms.
This ACNU-480X (4803) is suitable for IPM interface isolation, AC and DC motor drives, Industrial Inverters, Space constrained Industrial application and Efficient critical opto-coupling locations. This device comes in 11-mm stretched SO8 Package.
According to us notable feature of this ACNU-4803 optocoupler is, wide supply Voltage from 4.5V to 30V and maximum propagation delay, other than this,
- Positive Output type (totem pole output)
- Propagation delay difference (PDD): minimum/ maximum at –130 ns/+130 ns
- Maximum pulse width distortion (PWD), 90 ns
- 50 kV/µs minimum common-mode rejection at VCM = 1500V
- 11-mm creepage, 10.5-mm clearance in compact SSO8 package